Friday 17 February 2012

A Working Progress


Hello, it's been a while since I've last posted as I've had quite a busy few weeks. Earlier this week on Monday was my birthday, and I had a great few days seeing family and friends whilst eating lots of great food and my partner bought me tickets to a cabaret show which I can't wait to attend!
Since I last posted I've also returned to university for my last semester, and will finally be completing my three year course this coming May but I have 5 assignments due between now and then to keep me occupied, eek. We're studying the Enlightenment period in one module and 20th Century conflict and change in another, which I'm really enjoying. I must admit I'm a bit behind on my dissertation so the next few months will see me at libraries, exhibitions and archives around London discovering the impact political legislation has had on the Gypsy people since their arrival. So I'll definitely have my head buried away in books and will be typing away like Jackie O above! You can catch my progress here: www.historyofagypsy.tumblr.com

I'll be moving out of my student accommodation this weekend and returning closer to home in Croydon which I've very much missed. My new place needs a bit of decorating so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into a new project and finally being free to do whatever I want to the house; as this is the first time I've been able to. Knowing me it will definitely have a lot of shabby chic and vintage inspired pieces and I have a spare room free for my vintage collection to grow and to take pictures in.

As you know I've slowed things down with Mish Mash Vintage until finishing uni in May but I'm very pleased to announce that our social network sites are still very much active and we were awarded a 'Favourite Blog' award by Dot Com Gift Shop for our picture blog www.mishmashvintageblog.com

Dot Com Gift Shop is a fab, quirky online store offering lots of beautiful bespoke gifts and I look forward to sharing with you some of my favourite buys from their vintage inspired collection. This great partnership also means that I may guest blog and write an article for their blog www.dotcomgiftshop.com/blog and vice versa which I hope you'll enjoy.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment