Thursday 19 January 2012

January Sale Buys

So I got some money as well as some vouchers this Christmas and decided to do a bit of shopping both down the local high street and online. I'm not a big fan of January sales, I usually turn up a week down the line attempting to sort through the huge sale heaps, but I was pleasantly surprised to find this was probably one of the best years for sales that I've known as I normally only end up buying one or two items, but went a bit crazy this year in comparison. I wanted to get some key pieces that I could mix and match with one another and be able to wear throughout winter. These are both for wearing casually throughout the day, but just as easily can be jazzed up for a night out. I'm a student so right now it is quantity over quality lol and when I leave I'm sure I'll be able to spend my pennies on designer outfits which last a lifetime but this will do for now. So here are some of my best bargain buys from the sales this year.

My first purchase was this vintage 1980s peplum dress. I don't own many vintage clothes despite running a vintage business and I thought this would be perfect for when I sell at markets and can also wear in the office.
£18.50 with 10% discount code
From Etsy shop Salvage House 


Then with the New Look voucher I received from my Aunty I found this leopard buckle up jacket in the sale which I've already been wearing a lot.
Was £45 Now £22
New Look

Yes I finally got my peter pan collar dress, was  beyond pleased with this.
Was £32.50 Now £12.00
Dorothy Perkins


This awesome swing dress from a 1950s style store.
Was £55 Now £20
Collectif


I normally browse the generic cheaper online stores such as Boohoo, OwnTheRunway and Asos but found I liked the Select Fashion sale the most. I bought these leopard print ear muffs to go with my leopard coat
Was £5 Now £3
SelectFashion.co.uk

And I seem to have misplaced all my leggings since I moved house so bought these as I liked the contrast with the panels.
Black Panel Leggings £8
SelectFashion.co.uk


These dresses are a great wardrobe basic and the flared skirt gives it a vintage feel. I bought this in the wine colour and I know I'll be wearing this round the office lot's along with my Henry Holland tights.
Skater Dress £9.99 
Envius Ltd eBay Shop

I started wearing chinos a lot last year both at uni and in the office. I only have black and a light wine colour at the moment, so thought this beige pair would go well with all the black tops I own and my leather studded slippers I got for Christmas.
High Waisted Chinos £8.99
Envius Ltd eBay Shop


I also exchanged a dress which didn't fit for some swede, ankle high boots which had diamonte detail on the heel and were only £15. And I got a wine coloured skirt with leather panel detail which I had seen before Christmas and forced myself not to buy which was £12 reduced to £8 and my favourite buy yesterday was a cute poodle charm necklace in Primark for 50p and a thick winter scarf for £1 :D Can't wait for a night out with my girlies now to wear my new things.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment