Monday 27 February 2012

Red Carpet looks at The Oscars 2012

This year was the 84th annual Academy Awards, better known to you and me as the Oscars.
With The Artist, My week with Marilyn and The Iron Lady being some of the biggest movies this year and with all dating from a bygone era it was much anticipated that the dresses on the red carpet would follow the vintage look. In actuality I think there were only several vintage style dresses, with Natalie Portman wearing a vintage Dior polka dot number from 1954 which I wasn't too keen on, it just wasn't glamourous enough for me. But the colours of the night definitely seemed to be black and white.

Here's my best dressed list for this year's Oscar Awards!

Angelina Jolie wears a black, velvet Atelier Versace dress
Ok, so I may be biased as I have a slight love affair with Ms Jolie. 
But as soon as I saw this look this morning I was stunned. 


Rooney Mara wears white Givenchy
Normally spotted wearing all black Rooney Mara opted for a white number and didn't disappoint. This structured dress worked perfectly with her porcelain skin and lack of accessories.


Jessica Chastain in black and gold Alexander McQueen
Turning up with her grandma on her arm, stunning red head Jessica definitely pulled put all the stops with this dress. I think the colour & pattern worked perfect with her gorgeous red hair.


Milla Jovovich rocks a sequinned, one shoulder Ellie Saab piece
One of the first to arrive at the awards, action star Milla looked elegant in this white number and has definitely given me some inspiration for my wedding dress hehe.


Penelope Cruz in a powdered blue Armani Privé dress
So I'm not 100% keen on this dress, but with the hair and accessories overall I really like the look and this definitely has a 50s feel to it.


Giuliana Rancic in Tony Ward
Not even technically a 'Hollywood star' E! Red Carpet host Giuliana Rancic was mesmerizing in this highly detailed, white Tony Ward number.

And my two no no's despite lot's of praise go to Michelle Williams and Stacey Kiebler, they just weren't to my personal taste.Who were your hits and misses from the Oscars last night & who has been your favourite look overall this awards season?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment