Sunday 14 August 2011

The Crystal Palace Overground Festival


Wednesday 10th - Saturday 13th August 2011



As I had a very busy weekend already planned with a friends birthday on the 13th, when I found out about the Overground Festival  happening just across the road from me I saw it as a great opportunity to get involved in something local and to share my love of vintage with my community, whilst still having some time to spare!

Being a regular visitor of Haynes Lane Market and seeing what a fantastic, local alternative it is to Portobello Road and Brick Lane I was very pleased to be holding a stall there for the day of the festival. 
Haynes Lane Market is often hailed as South London's best kept secret, as it lies in a quiet side road off the Crystal Palace Triangle, and at 365 feet above sea level is the highest market in London.



There's approximately 15 stalls, spread over two floors at Haynes Lane market. 
Sellers include vintage clothing & accessories, handmade jewellery, old coins and stamps, vinyls, toys, second hand books and antique furniture so a real variety for all.

As part of the Crystal Palace Overground Festival, Haynes Lane Market hosted The Courtyard Sessions in their outside space, with performances throughout the day by Smoke Feathers, Alexandra Legouix & The Sunflowers and Felix Fables, the yard was constantly full with people of all ages who seemed to be having lots of fun enjoying the music.

We personally had a great time indoors, making lots of sales and meeting some new wonderful local faces. Haynes Lane has been quiet the past year and I really hope this event has helped to remind everyone it's there & also to inform people who didn't know before! I had a great day and I will most definitely be holding a stall here on another weekend so look out for updates and come down when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment